Tuesday 10 January 2012

Barnaby gets a bad feeling

My neighbour was standing outside my front door this morning.  'Feel that,' he said, so I did. 'That's felt,' he said, and he was right.  It was felt.  Bitumenised roofing felt.  'It's off your garden shed,' he said, and he was right again.  'Must have been blown off in last week's gales,' he added.  'Must have,' I said.

So, three hours later, hot, grouchy and tired I now have a repaired roof on the shed.  Fortunately I had a spare roll of roofing felt already and enough galvanised nails to finish the job.  Sometimes it comes in handy being a hoarder.

Barnaby, of course, lost his thatch years ago (as you'll see from the blog photo) but he was reminded, whilst he was up on the shed roof of that old truism.  'There may be snow on the roof, but there's still a fire in the cellar.'

The weather continues to be unseasonably warm for January.

No comments:

Post a Comment